Introducing Cranberry Chicken, the ultimate one-dish chicken dinner! This delightful recipe features tender and juicy chicken thighs baked in a flavorful sauce made with Catalina dressing, whole-berry cranberry sauce, onion soup mix, and a hint of spice from red pepper flakes. Serve it over rice, mashed potatoes, or noodles for a complete and satisfying meal.
Out of all the amazing one-dish dinner recipes out there, this one might just become your new favorite! With just a few minutes of prep time, you can toss the ingredients together and let it bake for an hour while you attend to other tasks. It’s a simple dinner recipe that delivers on taste, thanks to the sweet and savory cranberry sauce and the fork-tender chicken.
Here’s what you’ll need to make Cranberry Chicken (exact measurements and instructions are provided in the easy-to-print recipe card below):
- Catalina salad dressing: Feel free to use any brand you prefer.
- Dry onion soup mix: This ingredient adds a wonderful savory flavor to the sauce.
- Whole-berry cranberry sauce: You can use canned or homemade cranberry sauce.
- Red pepper flakes: This ingredient is optional but adds a subtle hint of heat to the sauce.
- Boneless, skinless chicken thighs: You can also use chicken breast if you prefer.
- Salt and pepper
To make Cranberry Chicken, preheat the oven to 350°F and grease a 9×13-inch glass baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. In a medium bowl, mix together the Catalina dressing, dry onion soup mix, cranberry sauce, and red pepper flakes. Pour the sauce into the prepared baking dish. Season the chicken thighs with salt and pepper, then arrange them in a single layer in the baking dish. Make sure to coat all sides of the chicken thighs with the sauce. Bake the chicken uncovered for 1 hour or until it reaches an internal temperature of 165°F.
Serve Cranberry Chicken with steamed white or brown rice, mashed potatoes, buttered egg noodles, a tossed salad, or oven-roasted vegetables for a well-rounded meal.
Leftovers can be stored in an airtight food storage container in the refrigerator for up to three days. Alternatively, you can freeze the chicken for up to two months, ensuring you have a tasty meal on hand whenever you need it.
- 8 oz bottle Catalina salad dressing
- 1 packet (about 1.25 ounce) dry onion soup mix
- 15 oz can whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes optional
- 3 pound boneless skinless chicken thighs
- salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350F degrees. Grease a 9×13-inch glass baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, combine the Catalina dressing, dry onion soup mix, cranberry sauce, and red pepper flakes. Mix well, then pour into the prepared baking dish.
- Season the chicken thighs on both sides with salt and pepper then place in the baking dish in a single layer. Turn the chicken thighs over to coated all sides well with the sauce.
- Bake the chicken uncovered for 1 hour or until the chicken has an internal temperature of 165°F.
- Serve the chicken and sauce over rice, mashed potatoes, or noodles.